Today was an experience for me. Me and two other students had our first day of volunteer service with Helping Hands. The morning was hectic first off because, well, I had a hard time getting there so my morning was kind off botched, but i did have some great pancakes! but enough of straying away from the topic. I learned more about what Helping Hands actually does which is to help the homeless, and they help (if I can remember right) 60+ families.
Today, we went through food, particularly canned food, to check expiration dates & what not and sort them out so that they can be distributed. It was a lot of work going through the cans in the beginning because a lot of cans didn't have expiration dates, but eventually I got in the flow of it and things went smoothly. When we were done we had to dispose of the "bad" food which was fun as well. All in all it was an experience within itself today with all that went on, but I hope to make next time run a lot smoother for myself.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Helping Hands
Posted by Nate J. at 8:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment